Friday, September 3, 2010

The long road ahead

The doctor's visit went well the other day. The highlights:

My blood pressure was 114 over 68. I haven't seen numbers that good in a long time. I'm most happy about that, because it hasn't been under control in a long time. The medication I was taking before wasn't working.

The PT/INR test was 2.4, between the desired range of 2 and 3. This means the Coumadin is doing its job and I am taking exactly the right amount. I can't wait to get off this stuff, but that will be awhile.

And...the weight loss continues. 12 pounds in 18 days. It won't always come off this quickly, I know that from experience. Frustration awaits. Sometimes I'll go and weigh and there will be no loss.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

So doing the math, 12 pounds in 18 days is approximately .666 pounds a day, 2/3 of a pound a day.

At that rate, that's 20 pounds a month. I'm looking at another year to reach my goal.

But I'll take it.


The bigger issue is getting used to this CPAP Machine. The mask is a little hard to take. But I'm going to keep trying. As terrible as I sleep, it has to get better.

That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment