Saturday, December 4, 2010

Breaking all of the rules

I've noticed in my reading that there are several weight-loss "rules" that I am breaking on a daily basis.  For your reading enjoyment, here are some of them:

#1: Don't eat in front of the TV.  Sorry, I do it every day. I've lost 129 pounds eating in front of the TV.  If you're carefully measuring your portions and know what you're eating, who cares where you eat it?

#2: Don't eat in front of the computer.  See #1.

#3: Don't eat within _____ hours of going to sleep.  Sorry, sometimes I eat and go right to sleep.  Hasn't hurt me one bit.  At the end of the day, if the amount of food you're eating every day is the right amount, you're going to lose weight.

#4: Don't eat too many carbs.  Nonsense.  You can eat anything you want.  It's all about the calories, not the carbs. I eat bread, potatoes, spaghetti and other assorted carbs. If you're diabetic, you have to count your carbs.  Otherwise, that's nonsense.

#5.  You need to eat special foods to lose weight.  More nonsense.  Everything you need is at a regular grocery store.  You don't need to blow your whole paycheck at Whole Foods like I do to lose weight.

#6.  You have to work out like a maniac to lose weight.  More nonsense.  Just walk.  Walking outside is so much better than being stuck in some gym on a treadmill.  I'm not a hamster, I don't run in a wheel.

#7.  You need special pills or a patch to lose weight.  More nonsense.  The only way the weight-loss patch works is if you put it over your mouth.

That's my 2 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment