Friday, January 21, 2011

Finding a good microwave popcorn

One of my bigger food challenges has been trying to find a popcorn that wasn't too high in fat and calories.

My friends, the wait is over.

For months, I have been eating Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop brand. 100 calories for the snack size.

Frankly, it tastes like cardboard. So I set out to find a new solution.

After much testing, I have settled on the Pop Secret 100 Calorie Pop Butter. It tastes great and gives you just enough of the butter and salt to satisfy the craving.

Here's the comparison of the nutrition information between the two:

Pop Secret:

100 calories
3.5g Fat
1.5g Saturated Fat
300mg of Sodium
4g of fiber


Orville Redenbacher:

100 calories
2g fat
.05g Saturated Fat
320mg of Sodium
4g of fiber

The Pop Secret has a little more fat, but the same calories and doesn't taste like cardboard.

1 comment: