Friday, February 4, 2011

Eating on the Road

I recently went on a road trip for a few days and had to find a way stay on track with my food consumption.  As you probably know, there are so many temptations and pitfalls when traveling by car.  For instance:

--Fast food everywhere.  Any possible food item you could want, right next to the Interstate highway.  This is incredibly tempting. 

--Convenience stores/gas stations. Again, surrounded by junk food.

How I dealt with it:

--Grocery stores became my "restaurant."  I would stop in, load up my cooler with various food items. This gave me plenty of food for the road, but also serviced my desire to stop and get something.

--Had dinner with great friends who made a very healthy meal.

--I allowed myself to eat.  I wasn't writing anything down on the trip...I just ate whenever I felt like I needed food.

All in all, preparation is key.  Like everything, it's a lot of work to eat right and much easier and cheaper to eat junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment