Monday, March 14, 2011

My new restaurant

For the first time in 9 months, I have taken my first foray into eating out. But not where you think.

For a long time, I have been eating in at grocery stores, many of which have a dining area. Or in the case of one grocery store here in Charleston, SC, they have a Starbucks with a sitting area.

But I have discovered the grocery deli.  Turns out many stores will make sub sandwiches, along the lines of Subway, but with healthier ingredients. At many grocery delis, they use Boar's Head Oven Gold turkey or offer Lower Sodium meats upon request.

The Boar's Head Oven Gold Turkey Breast has 350mg of sodium per serving, which is much lower than the 920mg of sodium in Subway's 6" turkey sub. Even if there's 2 servings of turkey on the grocery sub, you're still doing better.

So check out your local grocery store. You can get a sub, a fruit bowl, yogurt...anything you want. It's a grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment