Monday, June 20, 2011

One year later: 362



It's hard for me to believe, but it's been a year since I was rushed to the emergency room.  And what a year it has been. I weighed today and came in at 362 pounds.  In the last year, I have been able to lose 215 pounds. I'm definitely very happy with that.

I used to lie to people when they would ask me how to lose weight.  I would say it was easy once you got started.  It isn't.  It's hard work.  And it takes hard work every day.  You have to be determined.  You have to stick to your eating plan when others around you are consuming unhealthy high-calorie meals.

When everybody else is at the bar drinking and talking about how much they want to lose weight, you have to be out doing it.  When everybody else is being lazy, you're up early out walking.

It's a lot of work, but it is the single most rewarding thing I have ever done. And I have had help along the way.

Some people I would like to thank:

My family, without whom I would be dead.   If my parents hadn't been there to rush me to the hospital, I am certain I would have perished.  There wasn't time to wait for an ambulance.

Jayne Lindsey, Stephanie Lindsey, all of the doctors and nurses at Trident Medical Center, Lowcountry Lung and Critical Care and my personal physician, Erica Gunnells and her nurse Carol.  To all of my friends that visited me in the hospital: thank you.

Let's see what the next year brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment