Friday, July 22, 2011

Today's weigh-in: 353

Well, I weighed in today for the first time in 2 weeks and only lost 2 pounds.

That's right, 2 lousy pounds in 2 whole weeks. It's a little bit of a bummer, but really, it isn't. 2 things have contributed to this:

1.) I have not been working out at all this week and hardly any last week.  I pulled a muscle in my rib cage and messed up my knee.  So that lack of exercise is going to contribute to it.

2.) I have been eating slightly more. Maybe just 200-300 calories a day.  It shouldn't really matter, but along with the lack of exercise, it apparently does.

But, I can't worry about it.  I decided a long time ago that this wasn't a weight loss contest.  My goal is to get and stay healthy.  I know I can eat the amount that I'm eating and still lose weight. The injuries will heal, the exercise will increase and I'll be right back on this blog 2 weeks from now talking about losing more weight.

This is why I always tell people to stay away from weighing all the time.  As much as it provides that number to tell you where you are, it can also drive you up the wall and discourage you.

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. The natural ingredients of Sea veg make the product a quality food supplement that can supply required organic compound to our body. Newseaveg.com offers Sea Veg, a natural food supplement with 100% organic products.

    ReplyDelete