Monday, August 29, 2011

On the Jazz

In the 1980's TV series "A-Team" the lead character John "Hannibal" Smith was said to be "on the jazz" when he was in the zone, experiencing an adrenaline rush and ready to take on the world.

This is the way I'm going to describe that feeling when I'm 100% in control of my weight loss regimen.  My eating is very structured.  The amount of food I have planned to eat that day is enough.  I'm exercising right on schedule. I feel indestructible...like I am cured of my obesity forever.  I'm never going back.  I have found the answer.

In short, I am "on the jazz."  I'm fired up and ready to go.

But then there are those days where I can't seem to get enough to eat.  Where the workouts are more difficult than they should be.  Where I start to second-guess everything.  I start to worry that I am going to eat an extra apple and gain all 230 pounds back at once.  The mind runs wild.  Paranoia sets in.

I had one of those days today.  But you know what?  Even though I wasn't on the jazz today, I at least managed to get through my normal workout and eat the same amount of food I have been eating every day for a long time.

In short, I am still losing weight and everything is fine.  But days like today....it's difficult.

So all you can do is fight, fight, fight, fight.....and never give up.  Nobody ever said this was going to be easy, that's for sure.

Tomorrow is a new day.


1 comment:

  1. I love the A-Team and think that's a great way describe it.

    ReplyDelete