Saturday, August 20, 2011

This week's weigh-in: 346.5

I weighed yesterday and came in at 346.5 pounds. That's a 3 1/2 pound loss in 2 weeks.

Do I want it to be more? Absolutely.  If I let my mind run wild, I will convince myself this is a total failure because I didn't lose more than 5 pounds. But I can't look at it that way.

So far this summer, I've lost 30 pounds. That includes times of low physical activity due to injuries, which I have battled back from.

And hey...at least I didn't gain anything! And I also have to remind myself that the longer this takes, the more likely it is to stay off. But like everyone else (yes, even me) I get impatient.

So to try and jump-start the cardio this week, I walked 6 miles today. My ultimate goal is 10 pounds a month lost. I'd like to be at my goal a year from now.  But does it really matter if it takes 2 years? Or even 3?

Not at all. I am trying to maintain a healthy weight. Not win a weight-loss contest. And I have to remind myself of this once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment