Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lifting the restaurant ban for one day

Ever since I collapsed and went to the emergency room on June 20, 2010, I have not eaten at a restaurant.

Not one time, ever in the last 15 months. Until Tuesday night this week.

I was traveling on business for my company this week in New Jersey and they had planned a celebratory dinner for our group at a fine dining establishment.  I absolutely wanted to go and participate, so I needed to figure out how I was going to break my "no restaurant" rule and still eat a healthy meal.

I'm happy to report, thanks to Karl the waiter at the Grain House Restaurant in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, everything worked out perfectly.  I was able to enjoy a healthy, delicious, low-fat, low-sodium meal.

So what's next? Is this the start of a trend? Will I be dining out more?  No, I won't.  I've decided this is going to be a rare exception for only special occasions and only at very fine restaurants like the one Karl works at. Here is a picture of my meal and desert below.


























Grilled chicken breasts and steamed vegetables



























Fresh fruit

2 comments: