Sunday, September 18, 2011

Never stop fighting

This weekend I participated in the American Heart Association's Heart Walk here in Charleston.  I received a "Lifestyle Change Award" and was recognized before the race.  I also gave a short interview to the Charleston Post and Courier, which you can read here.





















It is nice to be recognized for something you've accomplished.  But I'm not done yet.  I have at least 120 more pounds to lose and I intend to lose it all, no matter how long it takes.

Also, any recognition I get, I want to try to use it to show people that a regular person who has serious health problems and who is on the brink of death's door can turn it around.  You do not have to accept being told you're going to die.  You do not have to accept being on 10 or 20 different medications the rest of your life.  You do not have to accept being unhealthy.  And no one should accept weighing over 500 pounds.  There is another way.

I have tried and spectacularly failed at losing weight in the past.  It was humbling.  But as with anything in life, you can never give up.  Never, ever, ever stop fighting.

The bottom line: if I can do it, so can you.  With rare exception, you can overcome just about any obstacle just by being persistent, by not giving up and giving it all you got.

But never stop fighting. 

1 comment:

  1. Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

    how to loss weight quick

    bye bye good night
    thanks

    ReplyDelete