Friday, October 28, 2011

Plateau

It was bound to happen sooner or later, so here we are. I weighed today.  Total pounds lost: zero. This is the first time this has happened in the 17 months I have been doing this.

Two weeks have gone by, I haven't lost anything.

Nothing gained either, but nothing lost. How could this be?

I don't know. I have no explanation.  I have done nothing differently.  Maybe a little less weight lifting this week, but just as much, if not more exercise.

I've been through my food diary, it's all about the same as usual. There's always room for improvement, but nothing out of line.

So I've decided it's one of a few things:

1.) I really did lose weight, but since I was up late last night watching baseball, my dinner did not properly digest. (HAHAHAHAHA, I know...that's reaching.)

2.) I lost fat, but gained muscle, which weighs more.

3.) The weight-loss Gods are giving me the finger and there is no logical explanation.

I'm going with #3. Either way, I intend to keep doing what I am doing and am not concerned in the least.

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. Don't give in. Don't be discouraged. Keep in mind it's also coming into the winter months. Weight loss always froze for me in the fall. Mammals and winter fat and all.

    ReplyDelete