Friday, November 11, 2011

Why settle?



Losing weight and keeping it off is one of the hardest things there is to do in life. There's a very good reason many fail (like I have in the past) and really struggle with it (like I will for the rest of my life.)

So with the odds stacked so high against you, how do you succeed?

First, you have to find your motivation. Mine was simple: not dying. Staying alive. Yours might be to live a better life, to see your kids grow up, to be in shape, etc.

But I have another angle to consider. Set aside all of the common trains of thought about weight loss.  Forget motivation, forget willpower.  Forget discipline, forget diets.  Forget it all and think about this:

Why should you accept being overweight? Why do you settle for that unhealthy lifestyle and all of the limitations that go with it?  Especially if you're very overweight to the point of it limiting your mobility and inhibiting your social life like I was.

Don't settle.  There is a better life everyone is capable of enjoying.  I'm not sure if anyone is like me, but when I decide something is unacceptable, I draw a line in the sand and do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment