Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year! Agenda for 2012

Happy New Year to all of my friends, family and readers of this blog. I hope the New Year brings you good health and everything you're hoping for.

For me, here is the agenda for 2012:

I still want to lose 100 more pounds. At the rate of 8 1/3 pounds per month, I could lose it all by this time next year. But, I'm in more a maintenance mode now. I continue to lose weight, but if it's only 4 pounds lost one month, I don't care.  I'm looking at the big picture.

March 31, 2012 is the Cooper River Bridge Run.  I want to improve on my time from the last race...2 hours and 41 minutes.  I should be able to easily knock an hour off of that. We shall see.

I have also committed to the 2012 Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in Savannah, GA on November 3, 2012.  It's going to take me that long to train for it.  13.1 miles is a long way.

I imagine I'll probably also participate in assorted other 5K races along the way...The American Heart Association Heart Walk, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and Turkey Day Run will be back around.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment