Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What To Do About The Excess Skin

I get this question a lot.

Now that I've lost all this weight, what am I going to do about the excess skin?  I love this question because I've also had people who are looking to lose weight actually be concerned about this.  People consistently look for the downside.  I always tell them to cross that bridge when they come to it.

But here's my answer: no, I am not having surgery to remove excess skin.  Not now or ever.  To me, that is unnecessary cosmetic surgery.  I'm not criticizing anyone who does choose to have it...that is their own personal decision. I'll lay out my reasoning below with a numbered list.

1.) I don't want the excess skin to be removed because I want it there as a reminder of where I came from.  My weight problem was just that, mine.  I own it.  It was all me.  I don't want to ever forget what happened to me and what I am having to do to overcome it.

2.) It's actually not that bad. I have purposely not lost weight as fast as I could because I knew my body needed time to adjust. I could have lost all 274.5 pounds in 9 months, but my body would be a mess.

3.) Lifting weights is really helping.  By developing some muscle tone, the skin is tightening up quite nicely.

So there you have it.  No, I am not having major, life-threatening surgery just to remove excess skin.

1 comment:

  1. First of all i want to thank you for sharing your secret tip for reducing the excess of fat and the excess if body skin. These tips are sure very useful to those who are looking forward to lose body weight.

    cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete