Saturday, February 4, 2012

Keep On Writing

Since my story ran on CNN.com and my YouTube video started making the rounds, I have received a mountain of e-mail.

I read and answer them all, so keep them coming.

Many of you are shocked that I actually write back.  Don't be; I appreciate all of your e-mails.  I have found that helping others helps keep me on track.

I have received e-mails from people all over the world.  Many of them are inspiring, some of them are just nice notes to tell me to keep going.  I appreciate it, and I will.

Some just tear my heart out.  I've received e-mails from people that are desperate to lose weight and are in really bad situations.  They weigh 700, 800 or 900 pounds and the situation is dire.  There may not be much time left.  Until I draw my last breath on this Earth, I will do everything I can to help these people.

I end almost every e-mail the same way: never give up, never stop fighting.  There is a way, you just have to find it.


E-mail Bryan Ganey.


2 comments:

  1. Bryan, believe me, you are a big inspiration. I've been at it for 4 months, at the gym every morning at 5 am. I work out 7 days a week, weight training and cardio, but for my cardio, I was only walking. Usually 1 mile, sometimes 2 and rarely 3 miles. After reading your story and your blog, I decided to start jogging. This morning I would walk a lap, then jog a half a lap. I did this for over two miles. I was surprised that I could do it, but you said that if you could do it, I could do it, and you are right! I can't wait till I can jog a full lap, and then jog a full mile, and then jog a 5k! Still going strong after 4 months, thanks for the second wind! Oh, and I'm tracking calories, fat, sodium and carbs now thanks to your blog entries. I started at 430 pounds four months ago, and I would take the elevator at the gym to get to the treadmill. Now I'm jogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes: congratulations, my friend on undertaking your lifestyle change. Keep up the good work. My only word of advice would be to give yourself some days off so you don't burn out. Your body needs time to recover, so take at least 2 days a week off. Let me know how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete