Saturday, March 31, 2012

The 2012 Cooper River Bridge Run

Well, I did it!

The numbers are in, and it was another successful finish to the Charleston, SC Cooper River Bridge Run 10K.  Here's how it breaks down:

2011 time: 2:48:12 (yes, that's right. 2 hours, 48 minutes and 12 seconds.)

2012 time: 1:49:27.

Overall, an improvement of 58 minutes and 45 seconds.

I'll take it.

I wanted it to be less, I wanted to be able to run the whole thing. But here's why that didn't happen and won't until next year.

I still weigh 285 pounds. It's an amazing improvement over 577.  But the idea that a 285-pound man who's only 5' 7" tall running an entire 6.2 miles, much of it uphill, is a bit much to expect.  It's like a 200-pound man running while carrying an 85-pound weight.

So I will take my almost hour improvement and run with it!

See you at the race next year!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very impressive that you are 285 lbs and ran that many miles!! Congrats!!! And an hour improvement is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh 165 and the longest race I have run is 5 miles, so you've got me beat!

    ReplyDelete