Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Milestone

I've never been too big on celebrating my weight loss.  My reason is that I know it could all go away tomorrow if I don't keep on doing what I'm doing.  I also know that my addiction to food will never go away, so I tend not to celebrate for fear of jinxing myself.

However, today is a good day.

As the banner at the top of the page shows, I have officially lost more than I weigh.  In less than 2 months, I will cross the 300 pounds lost mark.

2 years ago, this would have never seemed possible to me.  As I type this, I am wearing a size XL shirt and shorts that I bought at a regular store, where everybody else shops. I cannot even process how far I've come.

There is more work to do.  The work will never truly be done.  And the work will get harder.  And it will never end.  I will constantly have to change and adapt what I am doing.  There are situations I have to avoid for the rest of my life.  The war will never be won, the fight will continue from one battle to the next.  That's not to say the situation is hopeless, but weight management is very much a "what have you done for me lately" business.

But, know this.

You do not need anything more than common sense, a sidewalk and a grocery store to lose weight.  Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.  Do not waste your money on stupid diets and dumb gimmicks that you see on TV.

You don't need any of it.  I didn't.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I've been following your story since you appeared on CNN, and I am truly inspired.
    Thank you so much for sharing your hard work and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily, I appreciate that. Are you on your own weight loss journey? I would like to hear more...send me an email bganey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan you inspire me more and more each day to keep at my own weight loss goal. You are the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Bryan! Thank you for continuing to share with us. You give me hope! :) I have lost #17.5 since January 9th and am pushing forward thanks to your constant reminders that it is up to me to change things!

    ReplyDelete