Sunday, March 11, 2012

Success Story: Daphne

This blog has been going strong and is well into its second year.  While I would never claim to take credit for someone else's success, I will share their stories.  These are people that are basically utilizing the same approach I am: sustained weight loss through common sense.  They are doing it their own way, customizing their approach and getting it done. 

I've been struggling with my weight since my early twenties.  For years, I have tried every diet out there.  Last year I weighed 327 pounds and was in the process of scheduling weight loss surgery when I met Bryan Ganey.  Bryan convinced me that it wasn't necessary to have weight loss surgery and that I could do it on my own.

With Bryan's help and encouragement, I have successfully lost 80 pounds in the last 10 months. Bryan has taught me that you have to take it one day at a time. Diets are not the answer. It's important that you find what works for you and the lifestyle change has to be something you can do for the rest of your life. Some days are harder than others. I've learned that I'm the only one that can control my eating. I've designed a plan that works for me by using Bryan's common sense method.  I measure everything I eat. I write down everything that I put in my mouth in a daily journal. It's just like balancing a checkbook. Once I have reached my calories for the day, I stop eating.
 
Exercise has always been a challenge for me. I had to start out slow.  I started out walking around my apartment complex and now walk on the treadmill and ride an exercise bike.  I do this 3 times a week and have slowly increased the intensity of my workouts.
 
Losing weight is never easy.  Bryan has taught me that it can be done.  I think his story is one that should be shared with everyone.  He is dedicating his life to helping others through writing about his experiences and speaking out.  He has taught me that it really is possible for a regular person to take their life back on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment