Saturday, March 17, 2012

We Are All Day-To-Day

Yesterday was a struggle for me.  All I wanted to do was eat all day.  I have days like this from time to time and my strategy for coping with it is the same: keep doing the exact same thing I have been doing all along.  If I have to eat more, I will.  But it will be the good stuff and I will weigh and measure it all and document it in my food journal. 

On a normal day, I average 2,500-2,700 calories. 

On a day like yesterday, I will go to 3,000...but then that is it. No more food. I sometimes will even pace myself, eating 300 calories, then waiting an hour.  The key is trying to engage my mind in some other activity so that food is not longer the focus. 

Welcome to life as a food addict.  That's the downside.  But here's the good news:  today was a new day.

As if all of the frustration of yesterday as magically washed away, a good night's sleep erased it all.  I'm right back on track today. 

Days like today make me realize that we are all day-to-day.  Things change from one day to the next.  Today is a good day.  Tomorrow could be another good day, or it could be bad.  Who knows. 

Frequently, when somebody begins their weight-loss journey, they have several months in a row of good days.  But that is short-lived and then the work gets hard. 

So it's getting hard for me.  I knew it would, so I'm ready for it. But I am day-to-day. 

1 comment:

  1. I experienced a day like that - just wanted to keep eating though I was not hungry. Then it occured to me it was a vitamin/mineral craving. I dosed up on a multivitamin (the good natural sourced kind - Vitamin Code for 50 year old). It ended the urge to keep eating. Thanks to reading the Gabriel Method I figured out the body was in need of something and it was determined to get it even if I hd to eat the whole contents of the fridge :-0

    ReplyDelete