Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day In, Day Out

June 20 will mark the 2-year anniversary of my lifestyle change.   The hard work has begun.

One of the hardest things to do when it comes to changing your own behavior, especially drastically, is to keep it up.

Doing the same thing, over and over, day in and day out.  Going to the gym when you don't feel like it.  Your schedule changes, so you feel out of sorts.  The feeling of being in supreme control suddenly starts to wane, as you go wobbly and get lazy.

I'm there now, that's for sure.  But I am doing the only thing I can: keep going.

It was never going to be the case that I was going to work out every day for the rest of my life.  It was never going to happen.  So I am sticking with what has brought me this far: 3 days a week in the gym and walking on the other days.

Walking has been my bread and butter from the start.  I love to run, but it is hard on the joints.  So walk I will.

The routine and the persistence are what will get me through.


No comments:

Post a Comment