Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stop Starving Yourself!!!!

Over the past several months, I have gotten hundreds of e-mails from many of you wanting help with your weight.  Far and away, the #1 most common problem is that people want to starve themselves.

Here's why I believe this is so.

Everyone wants the Easy Button.  They want it all right now.  They want to lose 50 pounds in 5 minutes. But you have to understand a few things.  Your body is the most complicated, sophisticated machine on Earth.  It needs fuel. As a matter of fact, it needs quite a lot of fuel and it needs it often.

Stop starving yourself.  Get it out of your head that to lose weight you have to starve yourself.

Imagine if you had an overweight pet.  Would you starve it until it got to the weight you thought it should be at?  No.  You would do the responsible thing. You would feed it a proper diet and want it to lose the weight slowly.

So why not treat yourself at least as well as your pets?

The problem is not usually how much you're eating, it's WHAT you're eating.  High-fat, high-sugar, high-calorie processed foods that have absolutely no mass and no fiber are NOT going to fill you up.  You need full meals that are going to fill you up and last a few hours until you eat again.

And another thing.  I see a lot of people (and I used to do it for 37 years) eating garbage because that's all they have at that moment.  You know you're going to have to eat, you know you're going to be hungry.....why not bring something?  Why not a little planning?

You are going to have to eat at least 3 times a day (I eat 6 times a day) every day for the rest of your life.  So why not do it right and plan some of those meals?

But stop starving yourself.  The worst thing you can eat is nothing at all. 


3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! Since my doctor put me on an whole foods diet and I started making green smoothies for my breakfast, I have not only lost pounds and inches but I gained energy, a purpose and I ALWAYS carry a healthy snack or two in my purse just in case I am gone longer then planned or I just get hungry while out and about. My snacks consist of dried fruits, nuts, seeds...things that give great energy but also feed my body the good nutrients and vitamins it needs. I know a lot of people don't measure portions for these things, but I do. I carry them in a little zip lock snack bag, there is nothing to it except a few minutes of time and you can even keep them separate until you need them. they stay fresh and you can even freeze them to keep them fresh longer!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a web site/app for my iphone that is great for keeping track of what you eat and you can set it to keep track of certain things like fat, of sodium (for those of us with high blood pressure) and it has help me lose weight and not over eat or starve because it helps you learn what you should eat so you aren't hungry or eat bad. The web site is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and its a free app too check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really informative blog.

    To get reshape, Free weight loss and diet information including articles, tools and discussion boards!
    ... The ULTIMATE Weight Loss eBook!

    Thanks

    Dipali

    ReplyDelete