Saturday, April 14, 2012

Today's Weigh-in: Hitting a Milestone

I quit posting my weigh-ins a long time ago, mainly because I wanted to get away from being obsessed with the scale. 

But I still weigh every 2 to 3 weeks and today I weighed myself.  This is a great day, because I am pleased to report I weighed in at 276 pounds. 

This means that since June 20, 2010, I have lost 301 pounds. It's very strange to type that.  I almost can't believe it.  On May 13, 2011, I weighed 377.  My goal was to lose 100 pounds in a year.  I have managed to beat that by just under a month.  I'm very excited about that.  My next goal will be to lose 77 pounds in the next year. I know it's going to take that long because the weight loss will inevitably slow down. 

So what does this mean?  Well, it means nothing more than right now, I weigh 276 pounds.  I have to keep doing exactly what I am doing to keep getting the results I am getting. 

But more than that, for me, it's personal validation.  I feel like I have finally come up with some foods I can eat and some ways to cope and get through the day.  The answer for me has been to eat in abundance, but eat fruits, vegetables, lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains and water.  And I do eat a lot. 

So today, I will celebrate, just a little.  But not too much. 


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, man!!! What a truly impressive and inspiring milestone. And you have truly put the work in to reach it. I am getting precariously close to being 200lbs down from my highest weight and it is very exciting. I can only imagine how you must feel! Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! What an accomplishment! I say celebrate a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Bryan. I have been following your blog for about a month. I thought you might reach this goal so go ahead and celebrate a little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Bryan I have been following your blog for about a month and glad to see you reached a milestone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those days years ago when you would come to my apartment and we walk and not get very far. I'm so happy that you're having the success that you are. Your good news is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you can lose that in a year, it will be hard but if any one can do it, its you. I've been trying to lose weight but I've been stuck at 277 (from 310) for a couple of weeks but my clothes are fitting better so it's just me building mussel. Keep it up by the way you are inspiring me to stay with it.

    ReplyDelete