Thursday, April 19, 2012

You Know What You Need To Do, SO DO IT!

I debated whether or not to post something like this on the blog, but why not?  Here goes.

Day after day, week after week, month after month, I get the e-mails from people.  I can almost know what they're going to say before I open them.  In fact, here is the template: (feel free to cut and paste)


Dear Bryan,
Your story is so inspiring. Thank you.  I just finished watching your YouTube video and reading your blog and it made me cry.
I weigh ____ pounds and am ___ years old. I have struggled with my weight all my life.  I can't seem to get started.  I am a victim because of (pick at least 2:)
1.) Excuse #1
2.) Somebody else I am blaming for my problems
3.) Excuse #2
4.) Impossible situation that I can actually control, but choose not to 
5.) My spouse
6.) My children
I try to eat healthy (not really) but always gain the weight back.  Can you help me?  I only eat 1,200 calories per day, but still weigh _____ pounds. (300+)


Keep up the good work,    ____________ (hopefully your name is not here)

Look, here's the thing.  I am right there with you.  Until I almost wound up dead 2 years ago, I didn't care about my weight.  I had given up. I binged my way to almost 600 pounds.  I totally get that losing weight and changing your lifestyle is very, very, very hard.  I can also understand why somebody would just choose not to do it, not to bother.

But you've got stop whining.  Don't sit there crying about your situation, send me an e-mail telling me how impossible it all is, then order a large pizza and a 2-liter of Mountain Dew.

There is only one person that is going to fix your situation:  You.  It will be hard.  It will be long.  And you will probably fail the first few times.  But you have to do the work.  Go to the grocery store.  Buy food.  Pack your lunch.  Stay out of the drive-thru.  Stop allowing yourself to get so hungry that you eat any and everything within your reach.

It takes real work and you have to do it.  You have the power.  Use it.  It can be done.

Oh, and keep e-mailing me.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN BROTHA!!!

    Everyone can do it, they just need to get past the can'ts and look at the cans! You are living proof of that! Maybe this post will help them reach the can level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really informative blog.

    To get reshape, Free weight loss and diet information including articles, tools and discussion boards!
    ... The ULTIMATE Weight Loss eBook!

    Thanks

    Dipali

    ReplyDelete