Saturday, May 26, 2012

Half a Pound

The old saying is true: the scale giveth and the scale taketh away.

I've said many times on this blog that the scale is a monster with tremendous power.  I was reminded of that this morning.

I weighed in and lost....a half a pound.  This was my first weigh-in in 3 weeks.  Some background:

The last 2 times I weighed in, I lost 9 pounds and 7 pounds, respectively.  There is simply no possible way to stay on that kind of roll. I never get 2 big drops in a row and absolutely never 3.  My body doesn't give up the weight that easily.

Also, I had a clue that some of that 16 pounds I lost was water weight.  I weighed at the doctor 2 weeks ago and had "bounced back" 8 pounds. Now, some of that was my clothes and shoes, but that sort of gave me an idea that the 7 pounds I had just "lost" wasn't really there.

So, I'll take it. Disappointed?  Maybe a little, but I have had this happen before.  Plateaus happen. I am going to just keep doing what I am doing and I know I will keep getting what I have been getting for the last 2 years.

If you had told me 2 years ago as I lay in the hospital..."two years from now, you will weigh 268 1/2 pounds."  I would have busted out laughing and questioned your sanity.

So all is well.  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Also, don't rely on the scale to much, my doctor told me and I agree with her that it isn't what the scale says that matters as much as it does how your clothes are fitting. The reason being is simple, muscle weights more than fat and for me personally I've been lifting weights so I can turn fat in to muscle and I haven't had an big drops lately but my clothes are fitting better and I've had to add a couple of notching to my belt that weren't there before. So don't let it get to you, you've done a great job and will keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Posting...it was good problem weight loos now with the help of Fat Burners Diet Pills we can loss our weight

    ReplyDelete