Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10, 2012: I Am Now Prescription Drug-Free

At long last, after years of waiting, I got the call from my doctor's office that I had been waiting for.

"The doctor says to stop the Diovan."

And with that statement, I am now officially prescription drug free.  No refills to worry about, nothing to have filled.  No followup appointments. It's over.

A month ago, I was going to the doctor every month, having blood drawn all the time, etc.  No more. So why am I celebrating? Why am I so excited?

Because this is all I have.  I have been working on my weight for over 2 years.  It is so hard, takes so much work, takes so long to see the results sometimes...accomplishments like this are what get me through the tough times.

I am glad the doctors, the hospitals and the pharmacists are there.  I am glad they were there for me.  I am glad they will be there if I ever need them again.

But for now, it is not nice to need them.  It's a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment