Saturday, July 14, 2012

Prescription Drug Withdrawal

It has been a rough week.

I got the call from my doctor Tuesday afternoon that I didn't have to take anymore high blood pressure medication (and with that, no more prescription drugs at all.)  What a joyous occasion!

But since then, it has been a real adjustment.  Just like when I came off the Coumadin, my body is taking a lot of energy to adjust to no more meds.  I've taken high blood pressure pills in one for or another for 10 years. Now, there is none.

I ran a mile outside yesterday morning and it felt like I ran 20 miles. Everything is more difficult. I feel tired all of the time.

This too, shall pass.  On the plus side, my blood pressure has not shot up dramatically or anything and my resting heart rate remains 40 beats a minute.
Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your YouTube video and blog. I will be posting your video on my blog today. You are doing exactly what I am encouraging my patients to do...choosing purposefully, every day, to make wise decisions about nutrition and fitness. There is no easy fix, as you well know. Thank you for being a beacon. Thank you for showing others what is possible.
    Tenacity, one day at a time, is what it takes.
    I, too, wrote a blog about Belviq when it was approved. I'm still stunned that the drug passed approval. Expecially after reading the FDA's own website about the drug. If you're curious about what the drug manufacturer and the FDA says about the efficacy and safety of this new 'wonder drug' you can read my blog at www.BrandNewDayEnterprises.com Again, thank you for all the great things you are doing to make this world a healthier place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! I checked out your blog. Very nice! When you get a minute, send me an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete