Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Controversy Over Chick-fil-A

If you have a Facebook account, you know all about the firestorm over fast food restaurant Chick-fil-A.   For those that don't, here's a brief rundown. The president of the company made statements against same-sex marriage.  I'm not going to get into that on a weight loss blog, but it should come as no surprise. The family that owns that restaurant are very religious people.  For instance, their restaurants are famously closed on Sundays.

I have a completely different take and it shows what's wrong with our thinking in this country.

We have become so wrapped up in symbolism over substance, that we've missed the point.  Who cares what the president of Chick-fil-A thinks?  Why not take a look at the nutritional quality of the products they serve in their restaurant?

Their food sucks.  It's loaded with fat, saturated fat, sodium, sugar, too many calories and more garbage than anyone needs.  How about boycotting their restaurant for that reason?

Forget about the politics and think about your life.  The eating of the food from that restaurant is going to affect you a whole lot more than what the president of the company thinks about gay marriage.




2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% but also agree that what they said is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tough part about gaining weight is it not only affects you physically it affects you mentally and emotionally. Society can be cruel when it comes to this scenerio. I personally have several friends who are currently overweight. I can personally say I love them despite societies views and opinions. A site i go to view reviews of weight loss is http://harrisreviews.com. I remember when I was 30lbs overweight and the way I was treated. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete