Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Minor Setback - Back on the Diovan Train

Last couple of weeks, my blood pressure has been all over the place, getting higher than it has in a long time.

I have done nothing differently. Same exercise, same food. Continuing to lose weight.

This morning, I had some blurred vision. Not good. Went to the doctor.  Here is what has happened:

-BP is borderline high. Back on the 80mg Diovan daily for now and we'll see what happens.

-EKG was slightly abnormal, consistent with somebody who had heart trouble in the past.  The doctor said there was nothing acute, however.

-I am being scheduled for a stress test and an echocardiogram to check for any problems.

It is disappointing to be back on a prescription drug after being so happy and excited to get off it.  But the bottom line is this: if I need it, I need it. I would rather take the pill and be healthy than not. If it's not time for me to stop taking it, it's not time.

As for my heart, the truth will be what it will be. I abused my body for many years by being very overweight. I won't be surprised if those actions have consequences, no matter how hard I try to reverse them.

For now, onward and upward!  The doctor told me I could continue to work out, so the gym awaits tomorrow....




2 comments:

  1. Hey Bryan, there is a health talk radio show about natural remedies, called DUKE AND THE DOCTOR, that I found out about a couple of years ago. I believe it's the #1 health talk show in the country. Folks call in with their health situations, and they talk about it and give recommendations. Folks have called in about high blood pressure and she, Dr. Jan McBarron, tells them what to do to stay off the prescription drugs which have so many side effects. Anyway, I hope this helps to know that their is an alternative natural healthy way to control our blood pressure without prescriptions. You can also go to the website and archive a particular problem and listen to her talk about it. www.dukeandthedoctor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All. Here Below is the List of Some Best And Cheap Products which provided in Online World. This list is made by me manually, so I just want to share with you Guys. If you guys finding any Anti Aging, Health & Beauty, Skin Care, Teeth Whitening , Weight Loss products. Review of below products are really well. Just click on Below Link.

    List of Trusted, Ever Best and Cheap Health Products

    ReplyDelete