Sunday, August 26, 2012

When Reality Hits Home

Last week on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition, I really identified with something Jarvez,  the guy who lost the weight on there said. He talked about how he ripped his pants and had to take off work so he could wait for the replacement pants he bought online to be delivered to his house. I've been there. For many, many years, I had to have the clothes I wore specially made because I was too big for the clothes in the "Big and Tall" store. Stuff like that really hits home.  This may seem like TMI, but I used to have to special order my briefs because I was too big for the ones they had in any store. I used to order the biggest ones I could find, 7X, from Frank's Big and Tall in New Jersey.

Today, at a regular department store, I purchased a 7-pack of Large sized briefs. If somebody had told me 3 years ago that would have happened, I would have laughed and said they were crazy.

It's the little things, folks. And thanks to Frank's for hooking me up all those years.


5 comments:

  1. I just love that show! And, I just watched that episode too. I'm not sure how realistic it is for most people, but it sure is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krissy, that show is horribly unrealistic and I don't even know why I watch it, but I do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bryan,
    I just wanted to thank you for being such an inspiration to me. I feel like I just landed in the 21st century. I am just now attempting to blog myself. I am trying to get my life together by eating healthier and starting to exercise. Your story is so encouraging to me. For the last couple months I have been following your blog close. If you want you can look at my blog, it’s a work in progress, a blogger.com website, 700 Pounds Is As Bad As It Sounds.

    You don’t have to if you don’t want to, I know you’re busy. You don’t have to post this comment either if you feel I am using your website just to get followers. Although I do hope to get people to help me by encouraging me along the way, I want to make sure that you know my motives are pure. I get strength from reading your journey.


    Thanks again,
    700pounds

    P.S. Thanks for the tip, I will be checking out Franks shop real soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment and I enjoyed reading your blog. Send me an e-mail bganey@gmail.com. Let's talk. -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All. Here Below is the List of Some Best And Cheap Products which provided in Online World. This list is made by me manually, so I just want to share with you Guys. If you guys finding any Anti Aging, Health & Beauty, Skin Care, Teeth Whitening , Weight Loss products. Review of below products are really well. Just click on Below Link.

    List of Trusted, Ever Best and Cheap Health Products

    ReplyDelete