Monday, September 24, 2012

The Long March To Under 200

When I was a child growing up in Dayton, Ohio, we used to go on family vacations and road trips across the country.

As we were driving home, it always seemed to take forever.  That's the way it is, isn't it?  Always fast on the way there, slow on the way home. 

But then we would reach Richmond, Indiana.  A fairly small Midwestern town along I-70 near the Ohio/Indiana border;  it is 41.5 miles from the middle of Richmond to Downtown Dayton. 

And yet, for whatever reason, it always felt like it took hours and hours to drive that last distance home.  Why?  Because it was at the end. 

The same can be said of this lifestyle change.  I have been grinding away at my weight for 2 years, 3 months and 4 days.  

I am down to the last 50 pounds or so.  When I reach 198 pounds, I will be at a weight I haven't weighed since the 4th grade.  That's exactly 30 years ago. 

Because I am near the end, it will take what feels like forever to lose this last 50 pounds.  But I really don't care how long it takes.  I've never cared that. I know it has to be forever. The hard work won't even begin until all the weight is off.  Keeping weight that you have lost off is 10 times harder than losing it is. 

It never ends. In fact, it's just beginning.

5 comments:

  1. Think about how far you've come. And time will pass anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All. Here Below is the List of Some Best And Cheap Products which provided in Online World. This list is made by me manually, so I just want to share with you Guys. If you guys finding any Anti Aging, Health & Beauty, Skin Care, Teeth Whitening , Weight Loss products. Review of below products are really well. Just click on Below Link.

    List of Trusted, Ever Best and Cheap Health Products

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every part of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new things in your website.

    ReplyDelete