Monday, October 22, 2012

The Results Are In

The results are in from this past Saturday's Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K race.

I ran it, start to finish, in 40 minutes and 20 seconds.  I've done several 5K and 10K races, but this the first time I have run one all the way through.

Am I happy with the time? Yes and no.  Yes, because it is a huge improvement over the last 5K race I was in that I partially ran, which was the Turkey Day Run last year. I completed that in 54 minutes and 7 seconds.

So, in 11 months, I shaved 13 minutes and 47 seconds off my time. Not bad.

But I want it to be faster.  Now I will train for the next one!  I would like to thank my friend and personal trainer, Anthony Smith.  Thanks Tony!



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! You really improved your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! Be proud of those results!! You did something that 80% of the people in the US cant do!! (ok I dont know the actual percentage, but I know its pretty high!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great sign of progress Bryan! You certainly have tons of determination, and kudos to your personal trainer as well. Man, was I shocked to see your before and after pictures on your blog. Weighing in at less than half of your weight before is fantastic!

    Nicolas Ervin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All. Here Below is the List of Some Best And Cheap Products which provided in Online World. This list is made by me manually, so I just want to share with you Guys. If you guys finding any Anti Aging, Health & Beauty, Skin Care, Teeth Whitening , Weight Loss products. Review of below products are really well. Just click on Below Link.

    List of Trusted, Ever Best and Cheap Health Products

    ReplyDelete
  5. 65 ways to lose weight fast.....
    weightloss4health.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great, Bryan! It is healthy to challenge yourself to do better in running marathons, but I suggest you take things slowly. You might injure yourself! And we wouldn’t want you to risk getting your heart too tired from too much running. Your trainer, Anthony Smith, must be a really good motivator, eh?

    Celia Maciomhair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Celia! You are right, Celia. I am taking things slow. A half marathon is at least a year and a half away and a marathon probably 3 years from that. I am absolutely going slow. The next thing is running a 10K non-stop. And my trainer Tony is very motivational. He's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your very courageous heart, Bryan! I really, really do! You’re a living proof that everything is possible if you just have the passion and the heart to start the change. Anyway, time is not that bad. Don’t worry, you’ll be much better, I believe! =)

    - Brandon Pepper

    ReplyDelete